[OSM-dev] GSOC Candidate Instroduction

Dushyant Sabharwal dushyant.sabharwal at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 13:43:17 UTC 2015

Hello Everyone

**Apologies for cross emailing**

I am a final year graduate student in Computer Science and majoring in
GeoInformatics at IIT Bombay, India. During the summer of 2014 i got the
chance to contribute to 52North <http://52north.org/> through Google Summer
of Code where i had developed an Access Control User Interface for Sensor
Observation Service users. I have been using Open Street Maps for almost
all of the course projects which involve map layers. One such project was
the development of an Interoperable Web GIS Client based on OGC Web
Services.

The project through which i would love to contribute to OSM is the *"Image
filters for Raster layers in JOSM". *I have done courses on Image
Processing and Advance Image Processing involving satellite images which
have several bands and as part of the course curriculum we have developed
filters, morphological operators and models for data classification.

Currently i have signed up to OSM and started editing the maps following
which i'll try to understand the schema as well. If i could be directed to
a specific repository, bug tracker relevant to the project, it would be
great!

Looking forward to the experience

Best Regards
Dushyant Sabharwal