[OSM-dev] GSoC: OpenStreetMap carto

Sophie Haynes thesophienator96 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 20 20:17:45 UTC 2015

Hi there!

I was looking at the GSoC project ideas, and I am interested in the
proposal for fixing issues with the OpenStreetMap cartography. I rely
quite heavily on applications that use OSM, so I would love to support
it in return, as well as gain understanding as to how it works.

I noticed the required skills included PostgreSQL and CartoCSS. While
I have not studied these languages specifically; I have learned mySQL
and CSS which I believe are quite similar. I am more than willing to
learn any skills I don't have, would this be okay?

Any feedback on what work I could do to help for the project or
general advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!