[OSM-dev] GSOC: Introduction and Project Discussion; Openstreetmap - carto

Shubham Chauhan shubham13099 at iiitd.ac.in
Sun Mar 22 13:21:46 UTC 2015

Hi,

My name is Shubham Chauhan and I'm a second year Computer Science
undergraduate studying at Indraprastha Institute of Information and
Technology, New Delhi, India.

I was interested in the openstreetmap-carto project for a variety of reasons
1). Seeing the number of open issues and the amount of work that needs to
be done in it.
2). The curiosity to learn more about cartoCSS since it is not that
mainstream, and few people might have knowledge about that (that doesnot
includes men either). I am eager to learn about it through the project I
take.

First and foremost, Please guide me in choosing an appropriate project
related to openstreetmap-carto, since the "ideas page" didn't specify a
particular issue as a prospective GSOC project, so that I can start
preparing a workflow and application.

I have already started seeing into the repository and cartoCSS as well as.
I know some intermediate level SQL querying, so I think PostgreSQL won't be
much of a problem.

I hope I am not that late, since I am really interested in getting
associated with the organization, not just for GSOC but also for the future
as well. i have always had a soft spot for organizations that deal with
projects related to visualization.

--
Regards
Shubham Chauhan