[OSM-dev] [GSoC] Sharing models web application info

Kristijan Trajkovski trajkovski.kiko at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 23:19:40 UTC 2015

I think that we should have a convention for artists to place all pivot
points at the bottom of the model, at the center between all points
touching the ground. That way the models won't extend underground and
rotations would happen as expected.

That approach would work in most cases, including street lamps, buildings,
post boxes.., although there may be some rare exceptions.

I made a simple blender script that sets the model origin to the average of
all points of the model that are touching the ground. I am sending it as an
attachment.

Regards,
Kristijan T