[OSM-dev] New Map Style feedback

Holger Jeromin gmane at katur.de
Mon Nov 2 19:02:08 UTC 2015

Maarten Deen <mdeen at xs4all.nl> Wrote in message:
> On 2015-11-01 18:09, Amaroussi (OpenStreetMap) wrote:
>
> I agree that the abandonging of the blue for motorways is a bad choice.

Rendering major roads like rivers or forest is not a good idea. We
 were just used to it, which make it not good.

> It is not only a british color, motorways are signalled in blue also in
> lots of other countries in europe.

The German highway signs are blue, but there is no German map
 showing blue motorways.

After seeing my hometown Aachen I was really surprised how good
 the structure of road class is. I never saw it with the old style
 with its random / jumping colors.
>From the motorway there are big roads like branches into the city
 centre.

> But that is not really the issue. It is not that a colorscheme should
> follow the colorscheme of a particular country per se. The current color
> scheme just makes it hard to distinguish roads. Teritary roads, being
> white, are all but unrecognizable. Looking at motorways, trunk roads or
> primary roads, I can not tell one from the other, except when I see two
> next to eachother.

Do you really have to?
To understand a city I need a comparison, no absolute road class.

I do not care if the road is a motorway or trunk if this road is
 the only large road into a city.

--
Holger

----Android NewsGroup Reader----