[OSM-dev] correlation of gps traces

Camilo Roca carocad at unal.edu.co
Fri Nov 20 22:41:51 UTC 2015

Hey Christoph,
Yes, that information was very useful :D
I think that the Hausdorff distance is not useful in my case since the
comparison has to be done taking into account the sequence of the
points. The Fréchet distance solves this in a very interesting way.

That information led me to more information regarding the
comparison/clustering of trajectories for which I would like to know if
someone has some experience in:

- Trajectory-OPTICS
http://www-kdd.isti.cnr.it/~nanni/papers/T-focusing-MSTD05.pdf
- partial Fréchet distance
http://web.cse.ohio-state.edu/~yusu/papers/partialFrechet.pdf
- reparametrization as described for the Fréchet distance
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fr%C3%A9chet_distance

I understand the general idea behind Fréchet distance but I can't get my
head around those equations. They are totally un-intuitive for me and
the free-space diagram even more. If someone could pull some light into
the topic I would really appreciate it.

Kind regards,

--
Camilo Andres Roca Duarte