[OSM-dev] Why is ford=yes not rendered in the default style?

Daniel Koć daniel at xn--ko-wla.pl
Fri Nov 27 02:50:41 UTC 2015

W dniu 27.11.2015 1:47, Dave F. napisał(a):

>    However I still think there's something wrong with a system that
> takes
>    years to render an almost universal accepted replacement tag for a
>    deprecated one that was previously rendered.

In my opinion there's hardly a "system" in OSM, because even core
subprojects are rather disconnected (for example no common presets for
JOSM and iD).

It would be impossible to render every tag (even if we just talk about
those with Wiki page), but unfortunately we were not able to agree even
on the most general rules:

https://github.com/gravitystorm/openstreetmap-carto/issues/1630

>    Am I right in thinking the style file has been updated only once in
>    over two years & that was just to delete comments?

There's even a rough plan for so called "database reload":

https://github.com/gravitystorm/openstreetmap-carto/issues/1504

however it seems it's not being worked on and Paul is not happy with
such things, because he feels it will basically enable rendering more
items (contrary to his view on the style):

https://github.com/gravitystorm/openstreetmap-carto/issues/1975#issuecomment-157134906

--
"Завтра, завтра всё кончится!" [Ф. Достоевский]