[OSM-dev] Python tools and Leaflet maps for Food Hygiene Rating Scheme (FHRS) data

Greg gregrs at fastmail.co.uk
Sat Apr 9 17:13:34 UTC 2016

Hi all,

This is my first post to the dev list. I just wanted to make you aware
that I've developed some Python tools for downloading and comparing Food
Hygeine Rating Scheme (FHRS) and OSM data and finding possible matches
between it, together with Leaflet slippy maps for visualising the data.
I think the FHRS data is a useful source for getting more postcode and
address data into OSM, as well as for reminding mappers of local
establishments they could map. It is my hope that these tools could help
mappers to do this efficiently (rather than importing large amounts of
data automatically).

If the code were tweaked and set to download data regularly, it might
provide a useful tool along the lines of Robert Whittaker's Post Hoc
[http://robert.mathmos.net/osm/postboxes/] postbox comparison maps. I
don't have the computing resources to host the data myself, but would be
happy to help someone get it up and running publicly.

The code is freely available at
http://github.com/gregrs-uk/python-fhrs-osm.

Thanks,
Greg.