[OSM-dev] iD news: v1.9.3 release and participation in Google Summer of Code

Bryan Housel bryan at 7thposition.com
Thu Apr 28 14:51:07 UTC 2016

Hi, OSM!
Just wanted to announce a few things about the iD editor project..

iD 1.9.3 was released Monday 4/25/16 and is now available for editing on openstreetmap.org <http://openstreetmap.org/>.
The release includes:
- easy draggable imagery offset adjustment control (built by Kushan Joshi)
- warning for user if they mention Google in their changeset comment
- terrain backgrounds provided by Stamen and Thunderforest (Andy Allan)
- new presets:  Prison, Coffee Shop, Nutrition Supplements store
- various bug fixes and usability improvements

Changelog:  https://github.com/openstreetmap/iD/blob/master/CHANGELOG.md#193 <https://github.com/openstreetmap/iD/blob/master/CHANGELOG.md#193>
Twitter:  https://twitter.com/bhousel/status/724698730662907904 <https://twitter.com/bhousel/status/724698730662907904>

Also..
iD will be participating in Google Summer of Code!
I’ll be working with Kushan Joshi on building a visual lane editor within iD this summer.
Kushan has been a valuable contributor to iD over the past several months and I’m really looking forward to this project.
Please join me in congratulating Kushan and welcoming him to the OSM community!

We’re tracking lane tagging on this GitHub ticket, https://github.com/openstreetmap/iD/issues/387 <https://github.com/openstreetmap/iD/issues/387>, where Kushan has shared a link to his proposal.

Blog:  https://www.mapbox.com/blog/osm-gsoc-id/ <https://www.mapbox.com/blog/osm-gsoc-id/>
Twitter:  https://twitter.com/bhousel/status/724995001764220929 <https://twitter.com/bhousel/status/724995001764220929>

This year I am trying to stick to a roughly monthly release schedule for iD.  If people find it helpful, I’ll continue to post iD release news on the OSM mailing lists.
And as always, follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/bhousel <https://twitter.com/bhousel>, or follow the iD project on GitHub https://github.com/openstreetmap/iD <https://github.com/openstreetmap/iD> for more iD tips and updates.

Thanks,
Bryan