[OSM-dev] Changeset metadata timestamps out of sync?

Sarah Hoffmann lonvia at denofr.de
Mon Aug 15 19:40:19 UTC 2016

Hi,

On Mon, Aug 15, 2016 at 09:10:46PM +0200, Martin Raifer wrote:
> > Martin mentioned a deviation of exactly 4 seconds
>
> Well, actually, the 4 seconds were only for the one example changeset.
> In other changesets, I saw different time differences (most were even
> smaller if I recall it correctly).

The reason for these time differences is that the clocks on some of
the API frontend servers were out of sync. TomH has fixed the
problem in the meantime.

Only the changeset timestamps were affected. The timestamps for the
objects should be okay as they are created on the backends[*]. So you
should rather trust those when in doubt.

[*] At least when using diff uploads which every decent editor is
    doing nowadays.

Sarah