[OSM-dev] tile log dates

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Fri Aug 26 09:41:43 UTC 2016

On 26/08/16 08:56, Martin Raifer wrote:

> As you can clearly see, the dates mentioned in the logs' file names
> don't match up with the actual event.
>
> Could it be that the dates are off by one? Or is something else going on?

As is pretty much complete normal the log files don't roll over at
exactly midnight - if for no other reason than that it would be very
hard for the log rotation process to do everything instantly.

Rather the cron job that rolls logs over normally runs at about four in
the morning or so and we then save the old file under the previous days
date, so you will see some messages whose date doesn't match the name.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)
http://compton.nu/