[OSM-dev] Filtering for pedestrian routing

ajt1047 at gmail.com ajt1047 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 5 01:01:20 UTC 2016

On 05/12/2016 00:48, akwi42 . wrote:

> Can anyone clarify me on which elements, what kind of tags may I filter?

Rather than blacklisting certain tags, I'd actually start by whitlisting
the tags that you're interested in - pick a very small area, then look
at the "highway" tags that the ways in there have (ignoring the nodes
for now) and deciding which of those you initially want to consider.
You can always expand the list later.

If you've chosen a small area and filtered like this, and don't
understand what some of the tags in there mean, perhaps post the data
you've ended up with somewhere and ask about that?  It's difficult to
answer a non-specific question because there's no limit on the tags and
values that OSM data can contain.

Cheers,

Andy