[OSM-dev] changes in coastline are not rendered

Jochen Topf jochen at remote.org
Mon Feb 8 19:19:17 UTC 2016

On Mo, Feb 08, 2016 at 05:51:52 +0000, Gerd Petermann wrote:
> pleasse see this way:
>
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/way/396163254
>

> It was changed more than 3 days ago and the change is not rendered.
>
> I understand that coastline ways are special, but that seems too long for me.
>
> Any hints why this takes so long ?

Because the update process didn't produce new files for over a month. You can
see this here: http://openstreetmapdata.com/data/land-polygons (look for "Last
update" in the Download section).

This happens when the changes to the coastlines are larger than some cut-off
which can mean that the coastlines are so badly broken that an update could
lead to some large scale problems. It can also mean that the update process
isn't doing its job. Mostly it means that I didn't have the time to look into
it recently.

Jochen
--
Jochen Topf  jochen at remote.org  http://www.jochentopf.com/  +49-351-31778688