[OSM-dev] GSoC: Android application for public transportation

Ashwin Raghavan ashwinraghavan93 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 16 09:47:40 UTC 2016

Greetings to the community! I am a final year student at BITS Hyderabad in
India pursuing majors in Physics and Computer Science.

I went through the list of project ideas here -
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Google_Summer_of_Code/2016/Project_Ideas and
was hoping to contribute to the Android application for public
transportation project. I have prior experience working on Android projects
from the ground up.

I have read up the mails on this thread and saw Jorge López's suggestion to
look at the Overpass API and Tile servers. I'll be doing that. I understand
this is a new project idea however is there any way to provide code
contributions or bug fixes at the moment.

I look forward to hearing back from the community.

Thanks,
Ashwin Raghavan
ᐧ