[OSM-dev] How can I connect on help.openstreetmap.org and openstreetmap.org accounts?

Mateusz Konieczny matkoniecz at gmail.com
Sat Feb 20 10:20:28 UTC 2016

I am not entirely sure how it happened but

- I have openstreetmap.org using matkoniecz at gmail.com and my name
- I have a separate, not connected help.openstreetmap.org using
  matkoniecz at gmail.com and my name - I think that it was created with
  google as external provider but it is now missing on external login
  service list

On login to help.openstreetmap.org I am prompted to "Connect your OpenID
with your account on this site".

On providing matkoniecz at gmail.com and my name account creation fails
with "sorry, this name is taken, please choose another" and "this email
is already used by someone else, please choose another".

Resetting password on help.openstreetmap.org resets my
openstreetmap.org password what is not changing situation.

Is there any chance to merge these two accounts or is it necessary to
create additional account to use help.openstreetmap.org?