[OSM-dev] Retrieving nodes with a "wikipedia=" OSM tag in a certain area via an OSM API?

mmd mmd.osm at gmail.com
Sat Jan 2 11:37:48 UTC 2016

Hi,

Am 02.01.2016 um 10:03 schrieb Oleksiy Muzalyev:

> I repeat for clarity - I need to retrieve coordinates of nodes which
> have the OSM "wikipeida=", "wikimedia_commons=", "wikidata=" tag in the
> radius of 10 kilometres. I started to explore the Osmosis, the MapQuest
> Geocoding API, etc., but it seems to be an uncommon request. Is it
> possible at all?

I would recommend to use Overpass API for this task. Here's a sample
query which will return those nodes with a wikipedia, wikimedia_commons
or wikidata tag in 10km distance of a map's center point.

http://overpass-turbo.eu/s/dvp

Just move to the area you're interested in and hit "Run".

For more details, please refer to [1] and [2]

hth&best
mmd

[1]
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Overpass_API/Overpass_QL#Relative_to_other_elements_.28around.29