[OSM-dev] osmformat.proto vs wiki: inconsistencies on Node field ids

Jochen Topf jochen at remote.org
Sun Jan 10 14:46:16 UTC 2016

On So, Jan 10, 2016 at 02:29:31 +0100, Even Rouault wrote:
> I've noticed an inconsistency in the ids of the fields of the Node
> message between http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/PBF_Format and
> https://github.com/openstreetmap/osmosis/blob/master/osmosis-osm-binary/src/main/protobuf/osmformat.proto
>
> The wiki mentions :
>
> message Node {
>    required sint64 id = 1;
>    required sint64 lat = 7;
>    required sint64 lon = 8;
>    repeated uint32 keys = 9 [packed = true]; // Denote strings
>    repeated uint32 vals = 10 [packed = true];// Denote strings
>    optional Info info = 11; // Contains metadata
> }

The wiki says: "An example message specification is:" before that. So this is
not intended to be the Node spec actually used, but just an example how these
specs look like. But I agree that that's confusing.

The correct and current .proto definition is at
https://github.com/scrosby/OSM-binary/blob/master/src/osmformat.proto

Jochen
--
Jochen Topf  jochen at remote.org  http://www.jochentopf.com/  +49-351-31778688