[OSM-dev] iD news: v1.9.7 released

Bryan Housel bryan at 7thposition.com
Sun Jul 17 13:17:15 UTC 2016

iD v1.9.7 was released Jul 16 2016 and is now available for editing on openstreetmap.org <http://openstreetmap.org/>

The release includes:
- Features on `addr:interpolation` lines will be rendered as points with icon
- Fix crash when selecting and moving multiple points
- Fix bug determining mph/kph in maxspeed field
- Fix bug that caused the map to translate far away while mouse wheeling under heavy load
- Rename preset description from “Chemist” to “Drugstore” in the `en_US` localization
- New/updated presets:
  - add `ref` field to `amenity=post_box`
  - add preset for `emergency=defibrillator`
  - add preset for `man_made=bridge`
  - switch accessibility fields from `sloped_curb=*` to `kerb=*`
  - add preset for `highway=give_way` (yield sign)
  - add `stars`, `rooms`, `internet_access:fee` fields for hotel presets

Thanks to many contributors!

Changelog:  https://github.com/openstreetmap/iD/blob/master/CHANGELOG.md#197 <https://github.com/openstreetmap/iD/blob/master/CHANGELOG.md#197>
Twitter:   https://twitter.com/bhousel/status/754662828162871296 <https://twitter.com/bhousel/status/754662828162871296>

ALSO: I’ll be at State of the Map US in Seattle next weekend - http://stateofthemap.us/program/ <http://stateofthemap.us/program/>

We will be hacking on iD on Monday:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/State_Of_The_Map_U.S._2016/Hands-On_Day#iD_Editor <http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/State_Of_The_Map_U.S._2016/Hands-On_Day#iD_Editor>

And I’ll also run a workshop specifically for developers interested in customizing iD:
http://stateofthemap.us/2016/id-for-developers/ <http://stateofthemap.us/2016/id-for-developers/>

Stop by and say hello!

Thanks,
Bryan

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/bhousel <https://twitter.com/bhousel>, or follow the iD project on GitHub https://github.com/openstreetmap/iD <https://github.com/openstreetmap/iD> for more iD tips and updates.