[OSM-dev] OSM-Carto style, ported to vector tiles!

Daniel Koć daniel at xn--ko-wla.pl
Mon Jul 25 14:50:48 UTC 2016

W dniu 25.07.2016 11:24, Rory McCann napisał(a):

> I presume that is the "maxzoom is deprecated" messages? You can ignore
> them. Or is it something else?

Nope, only minzoom/maxzoom warnings.

> What happens if you go to http://localhost:8080/tiles/index.json what
> is
> the value of the "tiles" in that json file? It should be:
>
>     "tiles":["http://localhost:8080/tiles/{z}/{x}/{y}.png"]

Both PNG and JSON files you asked me contain only this:

Error: Failed to find font face 'Mallige NormalItalic' in FontSet
'fontset-0' in FontSet
    at Error (native)

But PBF file has 24935 bytes and contains strings "world", "FID",
"admin-low-zoom" and "admin_level".

***

After the fresh installation:

I had to remove explicit "mapnik" string from npm install, since it also
left me with empty node_modules directory and this error:

> mapnik at 3.5.13 preinstall
> /media/hdd/home/kocio/devel/openstreetmap-carto-vector-tiles/node_modules/.staging/mapnik-ac377f4c
> npm install node-pre-gyp

npm ERR! Linux 4.4.0-31-generic
npm ERR! argv "/usr/bin/nodejs" "/usr/bin/npm" "install" "node-pre-gyp"
npm ERR! node v4.2.6
npm ERR! npm  v3.5.2

npm ERR! Cannot read property 'target' of null

After removing it ("mapnik" implied probably by some dependency), when I
did "make tessera" I got this message instead of suggested PNG and JSON:

Error: Failed to find font face 'Arundina Sans Italic' in FontSet
'fontset-0' in FontSet
    at Error (native)

However file:

http://localhost:8080/pbfs/live/index.json

Contains real JSON data with:

"tiles":["http://localhost:8080/pbfs/live/{z}/{x}/{y}.pbf"]

visiting http://localhost:8080/pbfs/live results in such messages on
console:

GET /pngs/live/_/4/7/7 at 2x.pbf 404 0.403 ms - 37

***

So, I don't understand npm issues, but can work around them, but still
there are some other problems, including fonts issues, which I don't
understand. Maybe it has something to do with Ubuntu version (mine is
16.04 64-bit)?

--
"Low, low, low..." [M. Kempa]