[OSM-dev] Libosmium release 2.7.2

Jochen Topf jochen at remote.org
Sat Jun 11 19:21:41 UTC 2016

Hi!

Just notices I hadn't written anything about the new libosmium release I did
this week. 2.7.2 fixes two important problems, one is a data corruption issue
in the sparse_mmap_array index which appeared in the 2.7 release, the other
concerns input and output of OSM data in text form which depended on the locale
setting. Map coordinates were parsed and written in the current locale instead
of always using the decimal dot (.).

What might be more important for lots of users is that the new I/O code makes
writing of XML, OPL, and debug formats much faster. Converting a planet from
PBF to XML or OPL is done twice as fast now. (15 minutes instead of 30 minutes
on the machine I tested this on.)

https://github.com/osmcode/libosmium/releases/tag/v2.7.2

Debian Packages are already available in Unstable and will be available
for Testing and Jessie backports in due course.

Jochen
--
Jochen Topf  jochen at remote.org  http://www.jochentopf.com/  +49-351-31778688