[OSM-dev] Using API 0.6 to create a new node

toni hernández toni at sigte.udg.edu
Tue Jun 14 15:41:52 UTC 2016

Hi everyone,

I am trying to display OSM data into my web map as well as other custom
layers.
One of the goals of my web application is to upload data from my
application to the osm database.  I have been reading this
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/API_v0.6#Elements but still I do not
understand how a PUT request functions. I have so much to learn....

After authentificating with osmauth.js I try this code without any
success. I get a 401 error.

var xml_string = '<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <osm
version="0.6" generator="MyOpenstreetmapApp"><node changeset="0"
lat="41.983910" lon="2.816094"><tag k="shop"
v="supermarket"/></node></osm>';

ajaxurl= "http://www.openstreetmap.org/api/0.6/node/create";

$.ajax({
     url: ajaxurl,
     data: xml_string,
     type: 'PUT',
     contentType: "text/xml",
     dataType: "text",
     success : function (resp){console.debug(resp)},
     error : function (xhr, ajaxOptions, thrownError){
         console.log(xhr.status);
         console.log(thrownError);
     }
});

Do I need to include oauth_secret and oauth_consumer_key from the
authentification proccess in the ajax request?

Any help will be really apreciated.
Thanks
--
*Toni Hernández Vallès*
Servei de Sistemes d'Informació Geogràfica i Teledetecció

http://www.sigte.udg.edu
Twitter http://twitter.com/SIGTE_UDG