[OSM-dev] SSL-Certificate for osm.org

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Mon Mar 21 09:26:45 UTC 2016

Hi,

On 03/21/2016 09:22 AM, Tom Hughes wrote:
> The horribly backward Java certificate root authority list is the main
> obstacle to most of our attempts to improve https support in fact.

Perhaps we could just ignore that? I'm a JOSM user myself but I don't
think that the rest of the world should suffer just because Java is
unhappy with our SSL.

I'm sure that JOSM users who desperately need SSL can find a workaround
(could one not e.g. have JOSM connect insecurely to localhost and then
reverse-proxy https://openstreetmap.org/ from there?)

Or perhaps there are alternative SSL stacks for Java that can be employed?

Bye
Frederik