[OSM-dev] [GSOC] Suggestion for a Crowd-sourcing Geo-Processing Project

Peter Barth osm-peda at won2.de
Mon Mar 21 20:58:15 UTC 2016

Hello Saad,

your project sounds really interesting and I hope you'll succeed with
it. And I'd be very happy if you'd switch to OSM instead of Google Maps
with your project and supply an OpenSource license file to your code.

However, I'm afraid we can't accept you for this year's GSoC mainly for
two reasons. First of, we don't see how your project would help OSM or
how it would make you a contributor to OSM. And second, we wouldn't have
a mentor for you on such short notice. So given those reasons I don't
think it would make sense to make a proposal for this year's GSoC.

But as I said, I still hope you consider switching to OSM.

Thanks,
Peda