[OSM-dev] extract osm-carto low zoom data with libosmium (was: Updated simplified osm2pgsql database dump available)

nebulon42 nebulon42 at yandex.com
Wed May 25 17:19:25 UTC 2016

Am 2016-05-24 um 21:50 schrieb Paul Norman:
> To help with some OpenStreetMap carto development work, I've created a
> dump of the rendering tables with certain features removed, for testing
> at low zoom.

Very useful, thanks! I have created a small C++ program for use with
libosmium that should extract the relevant data for openstreetmap-carto
up to z8 from OSM PBF files and serves a related purpose. I'm planning
to work on some low-zoom improvements again and this time I wanted to
have a complete low-zoom setup. Maybe it is useful for somebody else
too. Note that the data generated by this tool has still to be imported
with osm2pgsql.

It can be found here: https://github.com/gmgeo/osm-carto-lowzoom

nebulon42