[OSM-dev] Updated simplified osm2pgsql database dump available

Sven Geggus lists at fuchsschwanzdomain.de
Wed May 25 21:32:44 UTC 2016

Paul Norman <penorman at mac.com> wrote:

> To help with some OpenStreetMap carto development work, I've created a
> dump of the rendering tables

I have always been wondering if it would be possible to get rid of the
special tables used for the sole purpose of keeping the rendering database
up-to-date by using a scheme like this:

osm2pgsql database with special tables  -> some psql replication scheme

--> many slave databases without special tables kept up-to date using psql
    some replication scheme

This would have the advantage of a lower storage foot-print (only 4
rendering tables left).

Frankly, when talking about rendering we don't care about the state of the
upstream OSM database. All we want is to make shure that the rendering
database uses up-to-data data.

Regards

Sven

--
"Thinking of using NT for your critical apps?
                                  Isn't there enough suffering in the world?"