[OSM-dev] Updated simplified osm2pgsql database dump available

Sven Geggus lists at fuchsschwanzdomain.de
Thu May 26 09:37:04 UTC 2016

Paul Norman <penorman at mac.com> wrote:

> You'd still have the full storage footprint on one machine, it just
> helps with the requirements on your read-only replica slaves.

Yes,. I imagine that this machine can be run on a central server and peaple
can use this one as a master.

> What is not possible is to centralize this. When doing updates what goes
> to the rendering tables depends on the osm2pgsql style, so your
> rendering table updates will not be the same as other people with a
> different style.

It is possible to centralize this if the database is fairly generic.  I use
hstore-only tables with osm2pgsql all over the place.  The table layout
required by a particular style can the be easily emulated using views.

Sven

--
"Thinking of using NT for your critical apps?
                                  Isn't there enough suffering in the world?"