[OSM-dev] A PostgreSQL extension for real-time simplification of objects in OSM API database

RTOSM DOOPAS rtosmdb at gmail.com
Fri Nov 18 03:08:20 UTC 2016

To make the whole cycle of data production in OpenStreetMap community
to take advantage of the extension, I think many redesigns in
server-side and client-side are needed.

and I don't think a temporary ID for simplified object is a good
practice because it brings extra work to maintain the relationship
between the IDs of un-simplified and simplified objects. A flag for
the object to indicate  whether it is been simplified is simpler.