[OSM-dev] planet.openstreetmap.org/replication policy

Oliver Tonnhofer olt at bogosoft.com
Mon Nov 28 13:33:10 UTC 2016

Hi,

> On 28.11.2016, at 13:44, Yves <yvecai at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I think you could take daily and hourly diffs first to cope with the import and last planet delay.

That would make the implementation much more complex (what is the first hourly diff after a complete day?). It would also not reduce the bandwidth by much, as it still needs to download the same data. The code also uses keep-alive connections during the catch-up phase to reduce the load.

The code is already working and behaves similar to --read-replication-interval from osmosis (as far as I unterstand). So I'm just asking what is acceptable: 10 requests/s? 100 requests/s?

Regards,
Oliver

--
Oliver Tonnhofer  | Omniscale GmbH & Co KG  | https://omniscale.com