[OSM-dev] Road Speed In South Africa Geotab

Riaan Grobler RiaanG at geotab.co.za
Tue Sep 13 09:34:15 UTC 2016

Good day

I have logged a ticket in your forum and was pointed to development.

Background  : I work for a company called Geotab(tm) we do vehicle telematics and make use of openstreet.org maps
                         We have a map server where we download and update the maps using the following link http://download.geofabrik.de/africa-latest.osm.bz2 and
                          http://download.geofabrik.de/openstreetmap/africa/south-africa-and-lesotho-latest.osm.bz2
                         We use your information to validate the road speed exception.
                         As an example the road speed is 60 km/h our rules states if you drive > 10km/h over the road speed limit it must trigger, thus driving 71 km/h will trigger the event.
                         Users have the ability to update the road speed through our application.

Problem : We are experiencing more and more road that do not have updated road speed, see below as an example attached
                   The other problem is that once a update runs it over writes all the users information.

Resolution :  I know you can make the changes on the site but I know you it needs to be validates first and this takes time.
                       Is there a way to speed up the process if we supply you with all the details  with pictures.
                       Is the above files the correct places to get the most up to date maps for South Africa ?

Regards

Riaan Grobler
Support Supervisor
GEOTAB AFRICA

Direct Telephone: +2711-564-5414
Mobile Telephone: +2783-997-2317
HQ Telephone: 0861-436-822
HQ Telephone International: +2711-564-5400

Web Address: www.geotabafrica.com<http://www.geotabafrica.com/>
Skype Address: geotab.africa.skype
Twitter: @geotabafrica
Whatsapp: 063-3447459