[OSM-dev] How does osm2pgsql handle multiple matches of same key?

Spencer Gardner spencergardner at gmail.com
Sat Sep 17 00:37:17 UTC 2016

It's not clear to me how osm2pgsql handles multiple values for the same key
on an OSM feature. For example, imagine I have a way with the following
tags:
parking:lane:right=perpendicular
parking:lane:left=parallel

   1. How does the "parking" column reflect this after the import assuming
   that my style file has an entry for parking?
   2. Is there a way to define styles that separate these? (i.e. one column
   for parking:lane:right and another column for parking:lane:left?

My understanding of hstore is that it will suffer from the same problem--if
there's a duplicate entry for the same key it takes the first and ignores
the others. If this is not the case I'll investigate using that for my
purposes.

Thanks,
Spencer Gardner