[OSM-dev] Multipolygon relation way member without role

Pierre Béland pierzenh at yahoo.fr
Mon Sep 19 12:35:52 UTC 2016

Hi Patrick,
Note that these general subjects are discussed on talk while dev discussion group is more for subjects related to software development, servers technical aspects, etc.This wiki page describes Multipolygon relations used to describe complex objects.https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Relation:multipolygon

The role outer role is for ways that trace the outer ring of the object represented. The inner role is for objects that make the inner ring.
This LearnOSM tutorial shows and edit in JOSM where you trace a building with inner rings in the middle for courtyards.http://learnosm.org/en/josm/josm-relations/

Pierre