[OSM-dev] Automatically triggering export as PDF from openstreetmap.org -> share?

Bjoern Hassler bjohas+mw at gmail.com
Thu Dec 21 20:40:18 UTC 2017

Dear friends,

Suppose I have a standard OSM URL, e.g. as follows:
URL1 = http://www.openstreetmap.org/way/450562441#map=16/7.4129/0.4631

Is it possible to automatically produce a PDF, say via URL something like
this:

URL2 = URL1?format=PDF&dimensions=800x1000&scale=2500

The idea would be to produce a PDF in the same way as manually going to
export, selecting format PDF, scale 1:2500 and dimensions 800x1000?

I suppose there would be some kind of POST request that could be done, that
simulates the form input? Would be great to have a script I could use,
rather than trying to figure it out. I would be most grateful for any
suggestions!!

Many thanks,
Bjoern