[OSM-dev] Getting tirex-batch to run on Ubuntu 16.04.

Emil Tin emil at ibikecph.dk
Thu Feb 23 13:15:55 UTC 2017

Hi,
I have installed Tirex on Ubuntu 16.04, but are having problems getting tirex-batch to run.

  osm at worker3:~$ tirex-batch
  Cannot open connection to master: No such file or directory

  osm at worker3:~$ tirex-master
  Cannot open master UNIX domain socket: No such file or directory

I found out that this is because the folder /var/run/tirex where the PID file is stored is missing. I can create the folder manually:

  root at worker3:~# mkdir /var/run/tirex
  root at worker3:~# chown osm:osm /var/run/tirex

Now tires-master and tirex-batch can run, and I see these processes:

  root at worker3:~# ps aux | grep tirex
  osm       1895  0.0  0.1  64160 18056 ?        Ss   14:08   0:00 /usr/bin/perl /usr/bin/tirex-master
  root      1901  0.0  0.0  14224  1008 pts/2    S+   14:09   0:00 grep --color=auto tirex

But after a reboot the folder /var/run/tirex/ disappears.What’s supposed to create the folder after reboot?

As can be seen above, I created a user called ‘osm’ which is supposed to be the user that runs tirex. Not sure this is correct, and where I set the user for tirex?

I’m also wondering whether tirex is running (or supposed to run) as a systemd service?

I would be grateful for any help.

Thanks,
Emil