[OSM-dev] OpenStreetMap accepted for this year's GSoC

Peter Barth osm-peda at won2.de
Mon Feb 27 19:45:03 UTC 2017

Hi all,

we got accepted as a mentoring organization for this year's GSoC!
https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/organizations/5161142197420032/

Yay! So what's next? Students now have a chance to get to know their
favorite organization, talk to possible mentors, make them self known
to the project idea they like best and all that. Starting from March
20. the official application period for students opens.

Besides I'm excited to tell you that the EWG tries to resurrect :-)
They're a perfect match for our GSoC participation by finding mentors,
finding help for students and all that. As such the EWG will have their
first meeting tomorrow at 20:00 UTC on Mumble (the HOT server). If
you're a potential mentor or want to join/help the EWG feel free to
join! The first meeting is in particular to tidy up our ideas list and
try to assemble a list of mentors. Hope to see you.

Happy GSoC,
Peda