[OSM-dev] Overpass xapi map/bbox query broken?

Sebastian Kürten sebastian.kuerten at fu-berlin.de
Mon Jan 9 12:57:11 UTC 2017

Hi,

it seems that the XAPI compatibility map/bbox query does not work
anymore the way it is described in the wiki[1]. When I query the
example from there[2], I get this error message:

  Error in [map?bbox=7.1,51.2,7.2,51.3]:
  Error: Query must start with 'node', 'way', 'relation', or '*'

It used to work before, so I think eiter the API is broken at the
moment and should be fixed, or if this is a permanent issue and the
query is not supported anymore, then we should update the wiki
accordingly. Does anyone know what's going on?

Thanks,
Sebastian

[1] http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Overpass_API/XAPI_Compatibility_Layer
[2] http://www.overpass-api.de/api/xapi?map?bbox=7.1,51.2,7.2,51.3