[OSM-dev] Andy Allan joining web site maintainers

Andy Allan gravitystorm at gmail.com
Mon Jul 10 09:14:15 UTC 2017

On 22 June 2017 at 21:15, Tom Hughes <tom at compton.nu> wrote:
> I'm pleased to be able to invite you all to join me in welcoming Andy Allan
> as the new co-maintainer on the code base for the OpenStreetMap web site.
>
> Going forward we intend to look to add additional maintainers to further
> diversify and spread the load, so we will be actively looking for candidates
> among those working on the code base.
>
> Please continue to open issues and pull requests on GitHub as before.

Thanks Tom. My intentions for the next few months are to continue to
do whatever I can to encourage new contributors. I've done a lot of
refactoring recently which will help whoever tries to make code
changes, but there's other things I think I can do too. So it will
likely be a combination of:

* My own refactoring priorities, which will pay off for developers in
the long term but aren't very visible to most people.
* Working through the PR and issue backlogs, to try and help some
straightforward things get "over the line" - hopefully motivating for
developers.
* Work on a few end-user facing tasks, so that we're making visible progress.

Thanks,
Andy