[OSM-dev] Removing functionality and giving just No as answer

joost schouppe joost.schouppe at gmail.com
Wed Mar 8 09:35:58 UTC 2017

Just to clarify, Tom, would the example given by mmd (
http://www.sammyshp.de/fsmap/#18/51.01486/13.63683) be something you would
deem acceptable in osm.org?
<http://osm.org>

BTW, one of the places where people were "canvasing" was here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/openstreetmap/comments/5uvbby/the_openstreetmaporg_map_now_has_a_rightclick/

While a lot of the comments are a bit misguided, I think it is clear that
quite a few mappers use this dirty trick to get the render to refresh. As
OSM.org is supposed to be a mapper's tool and not a general public website,
I think it is quite obvious that a forced-tile-refresh function is within
the scope of the website.