[OSM-dev] Spatial road network data sets and implementation using API

Debajyoti Ghosh 4u.debajyoti at gmail.com
Tue Mar 28 05:35:04 UTC 2017

Dear all:
Please suggest how to implement my algorithm on real ASYMMETRIC road
network datasets to get results.
I' m doing research work to address LBS queries like NN, k-NN,ANN, .....
I'm very much confused that I can't interpret data sets as it is given in
various uncommon/unknown file format. I believe that I need data sets in
the form <longitude, latitude> pair for n POI on real road network(spatial
data), so that when I give <longitude, latitude> of my input query point q,
it should find NN,
k-NN... In addition we also need directed graph data sets for asymmetric
road network where d(a,b) != d(b,a). So, I need step-by-step guidance to
implement and test my algorithms in the following contexts
a) data sets collection and interpret/Extracting Spatial Data(say from
OpenStreetMap)
b) implement/simulate a prototype library/framework of LBS queries
c) Implement/simulate prototype applications on top of the library so that
we can get results of our experiments

Thanks and regards

Debajyoti Ghosh

Assistant Professor, Dept. of CSE,
NIIT University, Neemrana,

NH 8, Delhi Jaipur Highway, Neemrana,

Dist. Alwar, Rajasthan
Pin 301705
Mob : 8769673932

https://www.niituniversity.in/faculty/debajyoti-ghosh

Teaching is an art and a challenge as well.
It doesn't matter how much we know. What matters is how clearly others can
understand what we know.