[OSM-dev] Wikipedia Matching

Camilo carocad at unal.edu.co
Fri May 19 17:15:07 UTC 2017

Hey Christoph,

Mapbox geocoder actually already returns context information with
"wikidata" ids which can be used directly against the wikipedia api. I
dont know exactly how are they doing it though.

Here is the url: https://github.com/mapbox/carmen

and an example response from their api:
https://www.mapbox.com/api-documentation/#response-format

Hope it helps,