[OSM-dev] Fwd: Printing to PDF

Bjoern Hassler bjohas+mw at gmail.com
Sat May 27 10:18:29 UTC 2017

Hi Hartmut,

thanks for that!

> Tracks and named Waypoints are rendered when using the new experimental
> GPX Track upload feature.
>
> Level of details depends on the auto-calculated zoom level, so for
> showing buildings at low zoom levels the underlying stylesheets would
> need to be tweaked.
>
> Or you could try the "Schwarz-Plan" overlay (last in the list), that
> should render buildings as filled black rectangles at all zoom levels
> as far as I remember ... so you'd have the base map without buildings
> but then the overlay would draw them on top.

OK, I'll try that!

The page doesn't accept bbox get parameter, does it? E.g. something like:
https://maposmatic.osm-baustelle.de/new/?bbox=0,0,1,1

> In the "Share" menue -- opened by the third Icon from the bottom -- you
> can export the current view in PNG, PDF, SVG ...

Ah ok - thanks! :) This might work, if I had a screen that was much larger
than my screen... basically I can't quite get the area that I need (at the
resolution I'd like). However, the tile is exported as vector, which is
great. How are these produced? And can I get them programatically?

Thanks!
Bjoern