[OSM-dev] Questions regarding carto 4.0 release and German style fork

Hartmut Holzgraefe hartmut.holzgraefe at gmail.com
Sun May 28 19:25:13 UTC 2017

On 28.05.2017 21:05, Sven Geggus wrote:

> looking at the Openstreetmap Carto 4.0  release I see two major changes
> regarding the database layout.
>
> 1. We finally have hstore
> 2. Tags are pre-processed by a lua script.
>
> Is there more which might be relevant for the fork?

I'd also  be interested in the implications of the upcoming changes
as I'm currently running many different styles from the same
--hstore-all import, some of them using the OpenStreetMap Carto
style osm2pgsql tables directly, some using views based on these
instead to add extra columns not available in the base tables.

Would this still be possible with 4.0 style tables, plus an extra
set of views mapping hstore entries to the old v3 layout, or will
there be more substantial changes so that I have to start planning
for maintaining old and new style imports in parallel to be able
to continue using styles based on the older layout?

--
hartmut