[OSM-dev] Advantages PostgreSQL 10.0 + PostGIS 2.4

Daniel Koć daniel at xn--ko-wla.pl
Mon Oct 9 06:43:06 UTC 2017

W dniu 08.10.2017 o 21:19, Darafei "Komяpa" Praliaskouski pisze:
> PostGIS 2.4 brings support for ST_AsMVT for Mapbox Vector Tile export.
> You don't need backend anymore to connect your cool vector rendering
> Mapbox GL to your database.

According to this blog entry:

"We also found out that MVT’s are good for rendering client side, but
not so good when you want to render tiles with a lot of features.

However, it is not all about speed. More importantly, having MVT’s in
the database as a building block lets you build the SQL on top, which
gives you a lot of flexibility."

[ https://carto.com/blog/inside/MVT-mapnik-vs-postgis/ ]

--
"My method is uncertain/ It's a mess but it's working" [F. Apple]