[OSM-dev] OpenStreetMap Carto release v4.4.0

Daniel Koć daniel at xn--ko-wla.pl
Fri Oct 20 12:49:26 UTC 2017

Dear all,

Today, v4.4.0 of the openstreetmap-carto stylesheet (the default
stylesheet on openstreetmap.org) has been released.

Changes include:

Major changes
- Rendering inland water areas and labels from z0
- Rendering island and islet labels earlier

Changes
- Rendering of amenity=marketplace
- Rendering of landuse=religious
- Rendering shop=pastry like shop=confectionery
- Rendering of addr:unit
- Rendering natural=bare_rock earlier
- Rendering elevation also on polygon alpine_hut and shelter
- Introducing Noto Sans Arabic
- Rendering icon for slipway ways
- Better minimal distance between housenumbers
- Moving aeroways to their own layer
- Creating amenity POI categories
- Some other documentation and code cleaning

Thanks to all the contributors for this release, including tpikonen,
a new contributor.

For a full list of commits, see
https://github.com/gravitystorm/openstreetmap-carto/compare/v4.3.0...v4.4.0

As always, we welcome any bug reports at
https://github.com/gravitystorm/openstreetmap-carto/issues

--
"My method is uncertain/ It's a mess but it's working" [F. Apple]