[OSM-dev] osm2pgsql 0.96.0-RC1

Paul Norman penorman at mac.com
Sun Apr 22 07:48:16 UTC 2018

We're preparing to release 0.96.0 of osm2pgsql. The user-facing changes
in this version include

- Freeing drive and RAM earlier with --drop imports, including the flat
nodes file, giving more space for clustering and indexing.

- Extend web Mercator to 89.99 latitude again, reducing broken polygons

- Skip objects with no tags in osm2pgsql when using Lua tag transforms,
rather than calling the transforms. This improves performance

- Support LuaJIT for better performance

- Windows bug fixes

- Tile expiry bug fixes

The following changes affect packagers

- The built-in version of libosmium has been updated to 2.14.0, and it
no longer bundles protozero internally. osm2pgsql now bundles both
libosmium and protozero because of the close ties between osm2pgsql and
llibosmium. Other versions of libosmium are not supported by the
maintainers.

- osm2pgsql can now use LuaJIT:
https://github.com/openstreetmap/osm2pgsql/pull/810

I would particularly like feedback from packagers, given the libosmium
changes.

You can get the release candidate by pulling the 0.96.0-RC1 tag, or from
https://github.com/openstreetmap/osm2pgsql/tree/0.96.0-RC1

A complete list of commits is
https://github.com/openstreetmap/osm2pgsql/compare/0.94.0...0.96.0-RC1