[OSM-dev] iD news - 2.12.0 released 🎉

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Mon Dec 10 13:43:23 UTC 2018

Am Mo., 10. Dez. 2018 um 13:51 Uhr schrieb Andrew Harvey <
andrew.harvey4 at gmail.com>:

> If you search for a preset with a brand, eg. McDonalds and select that
> it will populate:
>
> amenity=fast_food
> cuisine=burger
> name=McDonald's
> brand=McDonalds
> brand:wikidata=Q38076
> brand:wikipedia=en:McDonald's
>
> Then the name field is locked from editing in your session so you
> can't change it, unless you go down to the advanced "All tags" section
> where you can edit any of these locked free form tags.

I would find it strange if a brand:wikidata tag locked the "name" tag,
brand is mainly used for "grouping" of multiple instances (it somehow
defines a category/common property), while name is an individual tag for
instances.
Looking up your McD example with overpass turbo, I found 572 objects with
brand=McDonald's and a name different to "McDonald's", out of 841 total
objects according to taginfo.

I like the idea though to connect brand and brand:wikidata, and require an
extra click (or going to "all tags") when your edit makes them inconsistent.

Cheers,
Martin