[OSM-dev] iD news - 2.12.0 released 🎉

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Mon Dec 10 16:56:40 UTC 2018

Hi,

On 12/10/18 17:42, Simon Poole wrote:
> I suspect Frederik was more concerned about the consequence that it
> makes place names essentially uneditable.

I was hoping to get an explanation from Bryan what the idea behind this
was, especially if there's any API level connection to Wikidata either
implemented or planned. My gut reaction is "we certainly don't want to
defer to Wikidata for names" but perhaps I've got this wrong and that's
not what this whole thing is about. I wanted to ask for details before
judging it or expressing concern.

Bye
Frederik