[OSM-dev] GSOC project

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Sun Feb 18 22:20:20 UTC 2018

On 18/02/18 21:10, Jason Remillard wrote:

> I have added a GSOC project idea to add a developer key system to our
> tile services and Nominatim. The key system will eventually provide a
> founding source for the OSMF, to allow the OSMF to support heavy
> commercial users via full time system administrators and developers. I
> am able and willing to mentor the project.

With respect that's ridiculous.

Adding a key system is fairly trivial and certainly not worthy
of a GSOC project.

The work is in providing the technical infrastructure to run a
service that can cope with the load, and staffing a billing and
support department to respond to the customers.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)
http://compton.nu/