[OSM-dev] Read-only API calls, fair usage

Simon Poole simon at poole.ch
Tue Feb 20 11:34:38 UTC 2018

IMHO it boils down to one extra API call per edit made in a maproulette
context(on top of a minimum of two API calls (if the editor is doing
things properly that is actually three), so likely it is simply a bit of
added noise, depending on how expensive
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/API_v0.6#Query:_GET_.2Fapi.2F0.6.2Fchangesets
is (which depends on which indices exist on the table etc).

I suppose the timing might be a tiny bit tricky due to replication
delays and against which DB server the query runs in the end.

Simon