[OSM-dev] GSoC 2018 -- need your help

Peter Barth osm-peda at won2.de
Sun Jan 21 21:04:12 UTC 2018

Hi all,

in last weeks EWG meeting we decided to participate in Google
Summer of Code again and thus send out our application.

On 23.1. Google will start to review the applications and notify
us on 12.2. if we're accepted or not. (Full timeline here:
https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/how-it-works/#timeline )

It would be nice if everyone could have a look at our project
ideas' page here:
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Google_Summer_of_Code/2018/Project_Ideas

If you have suggestions or are willing to mentor one or the other
project, please add it to the wiki. We'll try to review the
idea's page regularly. If you want to talk to us upfront, e.g. to
find out if your idea would be considered acceptable, please either
contact the EWG at engineering at osmfoundation.org or check out the
IRC-Channel #osm-gsoc.

Thanks,
Peda