[OSM-dev] smoothness data in gpx files for GPS tracks on osm.org?

Dave F davefoxfac63 at btinternet.com
Mon Jan 29 11:17:59 UTC 2018

I gave up tagging a way's smoothness a long time ago as it's so
subjective & open to misinterpretation. Agreeing on what the make-up of
the actual surface is difficult enough. See also anything referred to as
'difficult' or 'dangerous':

All of the scales listed here would be described by me as "You've got to
be kidding me, I'm getting off & pushing.":
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:mtb:scale

DaveF